Bitter-tasting herbs were once an important part of Native American, European and Chinese diets. Medicines made from bitter herbs, such as Swedish Bitters, are used as digestives and are beneficial for the intestinal tract.
Swedish Bitters is named after the 18th century Swedish physician Dr Samst and for its bitter taste. Today it is one of the world's most respected, traditionally-used health tonics.
When I first came across the original recipe for Swedish Bitters in an old German manuscript, I was so impressed that I decided to introduce it to an eager Australian market. Now, after two decades as Australia's leading herbal tonic, I am very proud to say that Swedish Bitters is the 'mother of all herbal tonics' and should be part of everybody's daily health routine. I have personally seen the effectiveness of my Swedish Bitters and have received countless testimonials.
Once you begin to use Swedish Bitters in your own household, you will soon discover just how versatile it is.
Take this bitter tonic to stimulate digestion, appetite, bile flow – and maintain healthy digestive function.
Aloe, senna and rhubarb in this product helps maintain regularity with their scientifically-proven laxative action.
Oral use: take 10 to 20 mL of Swedish Bitters in 100 mL of water/juice/herb tea 30 minutes before meals to relieve indigestion symptoms such as heartburn, abdominal discomfort and flatulence (ideal after a rich heavy meal).
Contains black cohosh, clincally-proven to relieve premenstrual discomfort and menopausal symptoms such as night sweats and mood swings (take 21 mL twice daily in 100 mL water/juice/herb tea) .
External use: soak a piece of gauze in undiluted Swedish Bitters for the healing/repair of skin and to relieve insect bites, swellings and inflamed joints (apply for 2-4 hours and cover with bandage).
Apply to forehead or back of head/neck for 15 minutes for the temporary relief of headaches.
Gargle: for the relief of a sore throat or toothache (add 60 mL Swedish Bitters to 250 mL of lukewarm water).
* Aloe (Aloe ferox) leaf inner juice
* Senna (Cassia angustifolia) leaf
* Rhubarb (Rheum officinale) root & rhizome
* Myrrh* (Commiphora molmol) stem bark oleoresin
* Zedoary* (Curcuma zedoaria) rhizome
* Manna ash (Fraxinus ornus) stem bark oleoresin
* Carline thistle (Carlia acaulis) root
* Angelica* (Angelica archangelic) root and rhizome
* Black cohosh* (Cimicifuga racemosa) root & rhizome
* Valerian* (Valeriana officinalis) root & rhiz & stolon
* Cinnamon* (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) stem bark inner
* Cardamom* (Elettaria cardamomum) fruit
* Saffron (Crocus sativus) stigma & style
Features / Benefits
* Listed with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) as a herbal medicine.
* A multi-purpose product suitable for a wide range of applications.
* Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, caffeine, gluten, sugars or lactose.
* Liquid extracts are rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream.