Sage is believed to calm the nerves that produce sweat. Field tests showed that it is an effective remedy for excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis).
History shows that sage has been used since the first century by the Greek physician Dioscorides for the relief of mouth and throat disorders. Its name is derived from the Latin salvere (to be saved).
Historical use of sage can be attributed to its thujone-rich essential oil which has antimicrobial, antifungal and antiviral actions. It is included in many gastrointestinal remedies for the relief of indigestion symptoms such as bloating, fullness, heartburn, abdominal pain and nausea.
Studies have shown that sage tea can help reduce excessive perspiration making it useful for night sweats and sweaty palms. Gargling releives symptoms of laryngitis, tonsillitis, sore throats, painful gums and mouth ulcers.
Take to relieve symptoms of indigestion including bloating, fullness, heartburn, abdominal pain and nausea.
Helps reduce excessive perspiration (including night sweats).
Gargle for the relief of symptoms of laryngitis, tonsillitis and mouth ulcers. Assists in the management of sore throats and painful gums.
Claims are based on traditional use in western herbal medicine.
Each teabag contains Sage (Salvia officinalis) leaf granules dry 2.5 g.
Features / Benefits:
* Listed with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) as a herbal medicine.
* Contains appropriate information based on latest findings.
* Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, caffeine, gluten, sugars or lactose.
* Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
* Packed in long-life foil bags to retain freshness and potency.
* Least expensive way of taking a herbal medicine.
Volume: 30 Teabags