In the face of the global Covid-19 pandemic, the importance of a robust immune system has taken center stage. While adhering to hygiene measures is crucial, the key to safeguarding ourselves against infections and promoting swift recovery lies within our immunity. Strengthening your immune system not only fortifies your defense mechanisms but also accelerates healing and reduces post-recovery complications. Hong Kong doctors have even highlighted the lasting lung damage some Covid-19 survivors experience.
The Power of Restorative Sleep
After years of exploration, one undeniable truth emerges: sleep is the foundation of enhanced immunity. Despite healthy diets and supplements, sleep trumps all. Should sleep prove elusive, explore alternative remedies and supplements before resorting to sleep pills. If sleep shortening is your aim, meditation holds potential beyond sleep itself, offering deep rejuvenation.
Embrace a Plant-Based Wholefood Diet
Fueling your body with a plant-based and wholefood diet equips it with the comprehensive nutrients required for vitality. Nutrient-deprived bodies are more susceptible to infections. If your diet feels less than optimal, consider supplementing with high-quality multivitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals.
Beware the Sugar Trap
Refined sugar, and its high fructose counterpart, are immune suppressors. A mere 100g of sugar can diminish immune function by up to 50% for several hours. It also depletes essential vitamins and minerals, impairing white blood cell activity. While natural sugars like unbleached cane sugar and plant sugars are preferable, moderation remains key.
Maintain Optimal Body Temperature
Research indicates that lower body temperatures hinder immune responses to viruses. Keeping your core temperature at 37°C enhances immune activity. Incorporate strategies like warm foot baths, saunas, or Singapore’s Ginger Herbal Steam to ensure body warmth.
Meditation: A Mind-Body Armor
Meditation has proven immune-boosting effects. Mindfulness curtails stress, a known immune suppressor. Exploring the benefits of meditation is a worthwhile endeavor. Join online or offline stretching and meditation classes to experience its positive impact.
Nutritional Allies for Immunity
- Elderberry: Rich in vitamin C, elderberry enhances immune activity and protects mucous membranes.
- Pomegranate Juice: A potent source of antioxidants and antibacterial compounds, complemented by high vitamin C content.
- Ginger: Gingerol, a natural anti-inflammatory compound, fortifies immunity and guards against throat and mouth viruses.
- Garlic: Raw garlic is an immune booster and bacterial assassin. Consider fermented black garlic for a milder alternative.
- Vitamin D3: Known as the “sunshine vitamin,” it facilitates calcium absorption, supports immune function, and normalizes growth.
- Vitamin E: A fat-soluble vitamin essential for building healthy cells and bolstering immunity.
- Vitamin C: While not a cure, its anti-inflammatory properties alleviate cold and flu symptoms, making it ideal for prevention.
Probiotics and Prebiotics
- Probiotics: Good bacteria fend off bad bacteria and viruses, protecting the gut, body, and skin. Consume fermented foods or supplements.
- Prebiotic Stachyose Extract: Enhance existing probiotics with prebiotics. Stachyose accelerates probiotic growth by 40 times in the large intestine.
Fortifying Herbal Oils
- Farnesol Magnolia: Scientifically proven to be anti-inflammatory and preventive against lung cancer.
- Essential Oils: Cinnamon, lemon, eucalyptus, rosemary, and tea tree oil possess antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral properties.
Ultimate Immunity Boost: Immuno CPX
Developed by Taiwan Medical University in collaboration with Japan Genetic Research Institute, Immuno CPX aids chemotherapy, surgery, and radiation therapy. It modulates immunity, improves chemotherapy efficacy, and mitigates post-chemotherapy symptoms.
Additional Practices and Precautions
- Social Distancing: Avoid crowded spaces and wear masks.
- Hand Hygiene: Regularly wash hands with soap.
- Face Washing: Maintain facial hygiene.
- Nasal Flushing: Clear nasal passages, eyes, and throat regularly to prevent virus attachment.
- Hydration: Stay hydrated.
- Nano Silver Spray: Use non-alcoholic cleanser for hygiene.
Revive Lung Capacity with Deep Breathing
Regular deep breathing practices, such as yoga’s total breath and cleansing breath, enhance lung capacity. These practices promote efficient respiratory functioning, contributing to overall well-being.
Ultimately, nurturing your immune system is an investment in your long-term health and resilience. By embracing these holistic practices and maintaining a balanced lifestyle, you empower your body to face challenges head-on and foster a robust immune response.