Our Bulgarian yogurt starter makes genuine Bulgarian yogurt (kiselo mlyako) of exceptional quality with classic Bulgarian yogurt taste, thickness, acidity and aroma. The yogurt is thick and creamy in nature and has an impeccable taste with just the perfect balance between being mild and tart. It is unlike any other yogurt you’ve ever tried.
Each pack can make 8 litres of yogurt. S$18.00
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1000 ml of fresh milk/soya milk,
- yogurt starter
- warmer box, bag or thermal cooker
- Pour the milk/soya milk into a stainless steel pot and heat with low fire to 44 degress Celsius (About 111.2 Fahrenheit). Slightly higher than the temperature that used to feed the baby;
- Pour the warm milk into a glass container (no plastic, please);
- Add 1/4 spoon (supplied with the powder) of yogurt powder into the warm milk;
Cap the glass container and place it into the warmer box, bag or thermal cooker;
- Cap it and leave it on the table to allow the milk to ferment;
- After about 8~10 hours, the warm milk would transform into fresh yogurt;
- The freshly cultured yogurt can be kept fresh in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Tip: make it at 11pm and you will have warm yogurt @ 7am next morning.